Re: test 1

To: DeaverJN@student.montevallo.edu
Subject: Re: test 1
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:19:10 -0600
John -
        First item - ignore any rude comments you get related to your
spelling.  They are worth exactly what you paid to get them!!

        Second item - you say you can't read your own posts?  But, I guess you
are able to read others' posts?  Don't know what to suggest here.  What
e-mail generator/reader are you using?  Might be related to that, but I
can't understand how.

        Third item - your fuel evaporative reclamation unit.  I don't know how
it's connected on your Midget, but on my '79B, there is a vent line
leaving the top of the gas tank inside the trunk.  The line connects to
a circular cannister mounted on the right inside wall of the trunk.
>From the top of this unit, a line routes along the top of the trunk,
then back down to the trunk floor, then under the body it follows the
same path as the fuel line up to the engine compartment.  This line then
goes to the charcoal absorption (adsorption to the British) cannister.
The cannisters would normally be connected to the engine intake.  The
car will run perfectly well without any of this connected - just make
sure you have the vacuum connection at the carb plugged.  If you remove
the cannisters, and plug the line, you will need to have a vented fuel
tank filler cap.  I found out that the hard way - I left the cannisters
on and connected - but the line was plugged up.  After a few miles of
running, the fuel pump could no longer deliver enough fuel to the carb.
When I removed the filler cap, there was a great inrush of air to the
tank, and then everything was happy again.  I cleaned out that vent
line, and left the charcoal cannisters connected to at least filter the
air going back to the tank.  But, if Alabama doesn't care wether or not
you have it connected, do whatever you feel is right.  But, performance
shouldn't suffer even if it is connected.

        Good Luck, and stay with the list.  You'll learn a lot here - just
ignore or hit the delete key if you get any more rude responses.  The
important thing is to enjoy your MG!

--
Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
'79B