Re: windshield wipers

To: Larry Pitts <fuzzy@castles.com>
Subject: Re: windshield wipers
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 15:54:14 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Larry Pitts wrote:

> I'm having trouble removing the nuts from the wheel box assemblies of the
> wind shield wipers. (ref moss cat. #'s 145-205 page 65 of catalog edition

> unable to break these nuts free. I don't want to damage the wheel box or
> body sheet metal. To compound my problem they appear to be Whitworth. (btw

  If you own a Dremmel, cut the nut into thirds using the cutoff wheel.
  If you are careful, you wont damage the threads.  The nuts are soft,
  so dont use alot of force.  The 3 remaining 'arcs' should pop right
  off with a few light hammer taps.

  Good luck...

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.        'Its better to be silent and
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA     thought a fool than speak and
   (610) 481-2646                         remove all doubt' --A. Lincoln