RE: door locks

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: door locks
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 16:43:00 -0800 (PST)
Unless you have a GT, I would never lock the doors on an MG. Don't leave
anything of value in the car and leave it unlocked. If you lock the car,
your asking for it. The button on the passenger door of my sister's MG
started to bind to the point that the door might appear to be locked.
Someone put a brick through the window to open the door to steal a stuffed
crab toy ( maskot ) that was on the dash. My brother inlaw insisted on
locking the doors to his Alfa. They cut his top to go through the garbage on
the passenger side floor. If you try to lock something in a convertible you
will not only lose the item but also pay the cost of replacing a window or
top. You might as well leave the item on the seat and let them take it if
they want it. It would be cheaper. Use your trunk instead.
Man steps off soap box exits stage...
Chris Reichle
P.S. I hope someone out there can help you change the barrels, I'm just good
at complaining.