MGA for sale (& some other stuff)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA for sale (& some other stuff)
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 21:12:39 -0500
Fellow netizens:

As a result of a settlement with a tenant who owes me a LOT of money, it's very
likely
(considering I'm holding the title in my hand, quite likely indeed) that I'll
have an MGA for
sale in the near future. I thought I'd offer it here first, if for no other
reason than to give
Deutsch a chance to catch up with Barney. ;)

Here's what I have so far:

VA DMV title to a 1958 MGA, #HDR43456xx (leaving off the last two digits for
security's sake).
Colour is indeterminate but was originally, I believe, red. This car is for
restoration only
... you will need a trailer to get it out of here. The car is in very rough but
restorable
condition; the body is in fairly good shape for a resto-queen.

I'm asking $700. Seriously. If you come look at the car, and you don't think
that's fair, let
me know. We can dicker, but I strongly believe it would be worth that for parts
alone.

As part of the same settlement, I may also have a 1968 Austin version of a
Hillman Imp, and
possibly a 1959 or 1960 MG Magnette. That last car is in cherry condition for
an unrestored
automobile, and I'll likely ask a good penny for it (assuming I get that one
... that's a big
question mark at this point). I already have the title for the Austin as well.

All of these cars have been stored in a garage of some sort for quite a while
here in Virginia.

Since I don't have my hands on the vehicle this instant, I can't sell it this
weekend. I'm
looking for expressions of interest only at this point; when I have the car in
a secure
location I'll take definite offers.

I'll also try to answer any questions I can at this point. I do NOT know if any
of these cars
run (except the Magnette, which does ... and the Austin, which has the motor in
the back
seat[ergo, it doesn't]).

Oh...if there's interest, I'll also have a 73 VW beetle parts car, a mantaray
boat, a 1962 Ford
Unibody pickup (with tailgate), and a couple of other hulks. Let me know if any
of this catches
your fancy.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
...and soon a whole bloody stable of British cars