Re: MGB bonnets (Alum or steel)

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB bonnets (Alum or steel)
From: OSCALETA99@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 01:12:44 -0500
Rick

When I read your question, I felt sure I had read it somewhere and generally
agreed that aluminium was replaced in the late 60s - Having now looked
through all my books I cannot find a reference to it - Ive seen it somewhere
- and it may well be the Vicky Brit catalogue which I know sells aluminium
bonnets but my copy of which was foolishly lent a couple of weeks
ago......ALEX!!!!!!

Only light I can shed is to go thru my experience -

My first Mg was a 69BGT and I dont remember!!!! (Damn those 60s!)
1971BGT - bought in 73 and definitely steel
1974BGT - bought new and steel
present crop
69 roadster - aluminium
72 roadster - steel
73 BGT - steel (with strategic hole...)

I'll crack this one.........give me time

mike robson