RE: Powder Coating WW

To: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Subject: RE: Powder Coating WW
From: Ernest <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 96 13:49:16 -0800
Larry -

Had that misconception when I first sent stuff to powder coat and masked
threads carefully. Now for an external thread I place a junk nut on the thread
before coating and back it off after. Internal threads I chase with a tap after.

Seems to me that the spoke nipples would tighten ok but if loosened would leave
an uncoated area. Otherwise should be ok. Real problem would seem to be tuning
them literally since the easiest way is to strike the spoke and listen to the
ring. With powder coat ring would probably be dead and striking it would stand
a chance of chipping.

But better experts than I have done it so perhaps I'm laboring under another
misconception. Any other comments from the list?

Ernest