Slow starters, Honda rust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Slow starters, Honda rust
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 10:14:27 -0600
I seem to remember last week someone asking a question about the starter
turning slowly.

Over the years, I have found that a loose drive end bushing will cause the
starter to turn slowly.  However, this condition is usually gets worse as
the engine warms up.  In any case, the part is cheap and can be easily
replaced.

Concerning rust on Honda suspension parts.  I am presently on my 3rd and
fourth Honda product and they all have had rust on the suspension almost
from new.  In fact, the Automobile magazine for December has an underside
picture of a new Civic they were testing and the front suspension is all
rusty.  I guess they are built that way.  I would try some Neutra-rust to
change it to iron phosphate then brush paint the parts with rustoleum or
equivelant if it bothers you.  Otherwise, I'd just ignore it.  They seem to
run forever even with a rusty suspension.  Spend the time on your LBC.

Regards
Bill Eastman
61 MGA