Re: bgt fenders and windshields

To: Cancola@aol.com, mgb1964@cois.on.ca
Subject: Re: bgt fenders and windshields
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 22:05:57 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-29 19:59:55 EST, Cancola@aol.com writes:

<< Bruce ,
          I have a 73 BGT and checked on a windshield at my local glass shop.
  The guy gave me a price installed that was about the same price as Moss or
 British Victoria with shipping.  He said the tinted was cheaper than a clear
 one and easier to get.  I forget the price but it was around $150.00.
            Press ahead Bruce.
                                             Bill in Colorado

To all...

I have personally put three windshields on MG's. I think I paid about $100
for each of them. I certainly is something you can do yourself but, be
advised it is a tricky job.

My wife says she had never seen me so intense as when I put on the first one
on my '73 MGB. The two subsequent installs were somewhat easier but, one of
them cracked a week or so later.

If you can get one installed for $50 more, it may be the better deal. I
figuire that with a two out of three record, I just broke even (although I'd
probably do another if I needed to).

And yes, the foam packing is very good.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon