Handbrake Success!!!

Subject: Handbrake Success!!!
From: Eric Murphy <73042.3347@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Nov 96 02:47:33 EST
        Hooray! I successfully freed my frozen handbrake. Thanks for all your
advice.
        In the end, the solution was Liquid Wrench, lots of heat, al la propane
torch, and some serious influence from a hammer.  Oh yeah, my new vise came in
very handy too. I've used some plumbers cloth and steel wool to smoth out the
shaft where the rust got to it, after cleaning it up with a wire brush on my
drill. I'll hit it with some rust proof primer, then repaint it and reattach,
after it gets a good dose of anti-sieze compound. Just wish I had a dremel to
get the tough spots, but it's pretty clean already. Just another excuse to buy a
new tool.

                                Eric Murphy   73042.3347@Compuserve.com