Re: Speaking of Fiats, little LBC Content

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Fiats, little LBC Content
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 03:29:32 -0800
I owned 5 Fiats : 4 - Spider 2000's (124s) and 1 - 128 wagon, I wish I
still had the wagon. All were totaled in accidents and 4 when they were
stationary, stop sign, red light(2) and parked in front of house. The
one when I was moving was a high speed accident which left me
stationary for 7 months. I do feel that had I been in, one of many
other cars, I would have lost my life. I like my MGs much more than the
spiders, even though they do not have the same power(dual overhead cam
aluminum engine) and a 5th gear. When I get my 75 B back next month,
with the overdrive in it, I'll probably not think about missing 5th
anymore. Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

> > Anyway, one of my sisters bought a Fiat 131 Sedan.

> > She kept it for 10 years, put 125k miles on it with no problems and
still
> > got a good dollor on the car when she sold it.   She also hammered
it worse
> > than I hammered a few cars of my own.  The car had the last laugh.
>Berry wrote:
>I had a 131 too; it was a great car, never gave us a lick of trouble
for three
>years until it died protecting my then-18-month old son from a crazed
>17-year-old camaro driver.  FIAT was totalled, dad and son unharmed.
>
>drove the heck out of it too; up and down california, 100mph through
the
>desert, woohoo!
>
>Not a TR6, but pretty darn nice for a 4-door sedan.
>
>  --berry
>
>Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research
Center