Re: MGs for offspring

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs for offspring
From: dfdarby@juno.com (David F. Darby)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:55:42 PST
On Sat, 30 Nov 1996 08:32:49 -0500 The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
writes:
>But I'll give her a chance at a B, to b sure. But I'd suggest  we not
give up too soon on >these kids. Those LBC genes are there just dormant.

>Michael, New Bern, NC
>At 02:49 AM 11/30/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Im afraid I have to agree with RJ on this one - I too have a daughter
nearing sweet >16

Thought I might relate our experience. When my No. 1 son turned 16, ten
years ago, against everyone's advice, I turned the MGA coupe over to
him. We had owned it since 1968, so it was a family fixture as far as he
was concerned. I trusted my son to be responsible and he was. Somehow, he
managed to drive accident and citation free and without any major
mechanical failures. He became a really good wrencher and I think that
maintaining that car shaped his pursuit of an undergraduate degree in
electricity/electronics. I'm particularly thankful for that as the study
of electricity had always been a conundrum for me. He has solved many
Lucas-borne maladies since (most of which have to do with earthing and
poor connections) and I rely on him for electric solutions still.

So, if I was sending him out again (or if he were a she) I guess I would
do about the same. Maybe I would buy him a cell phone as a hedge against
getting stranded.

Good luck to all,

David F. Darby
Missouri Ozarks