Re: Best way to change tranny & axle oil?

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Best way to change tranny & axle oil?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 14:52:09 -0800
Have you found the fill yet? the 72 should have the dip stick
accessable from passenger side compartment just behind radio console.
There is a large rubber plug (at on 74, 75 and 76 there is come to
think of it it's on the 68 also) on top of drivetrain tunnel and loop
of dipstick handle is right there. I use a funnel and piece of clear
tubing to fill through check point hole. Sorry I didn't answer sooner.
As far as rear is concerned check through plug and keep level about 3/4
of an inch below fill hole or you axsle seals WILL leak. Safety Fast,
David Deutsch