Re: !RUST! No LBC Content B

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: !RUST! No LBC Content B
From: "Stuart Hazelwood" <stuart.hazlewood@ny.ddbn.com>
Date: 2 Dec 1996 10:00:01 U
        Reply to:   RE>!RUST!  No LBC Content But Please Help Me!

There's a killer product available from the UK called DINITROL.  It was tested
by Practical Classics magazine last year (actually over a multi-year period)
by covering a plate of metal, half painted, half bare metal with a scratch
down the middle.  The plate was then left out in the elements and sprayed down
once amonth with a saline solution.  Of all the products tested, only Dinitrol
kept the metal pristine, even where the scratch was.  Moreover, you can use it
over existing rust.

You should scrape off the loose rust and coat it with Dinotrol.  To get the
stuff you might have to call the company directly in the UK (I've never seen
it here in the States, I just have my dad bring it over when he come over to
visit).  They are always advertising in Practical Classics.

If your rust is too deep, however, you'll need to cut it out and weld in new
metal.  Otherwise, your car could fall to bits, not to mention the danger it
might pose in an accident.

Good luck.

  -  Stuart