RE: Carlisle :-) / invite/ MG 97

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Subject: RE: Carlisle :-) / invite/ MG 97
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 21:50:42 -0500 (EST)
I have gone to Carlisle for the past five years helping man the NEMGTR booth.
(Barbara winds up at the booth while I do the flee market)

What is Carlisle? Well Spring and Fall Carlisle are legend. Four thousand or
more vendors from all over the country set up these two weekends for the worlds
largest flee market of used auto parts.  If you want to build a 1924 anycar
from
scratch you could from the parts at these meets. They also feature classic car
sales. Unfortunately there is some but little in British parts and what there
is
,is hard to find in  between the millions of U.S. car parts.

Import Carlisle was started to solve this problem. Each year it gets a liitle
bit bigger. David is right that almost fifty percent is British, and although
there are a couple of hundred venders, it is of course only a fraction of the
big Carlisle meets. Again there are part vendors, new and used, as well as a
car
sale area. To my knowledge there are no real events in the way of driving, or
display. None the less I would't miss it. It is also a great way to see
everyone, and dozens on this list are there. Last year, John Twist was there
along with Dave Zip of Cincinatti, Rob Medynski from N.J., Jerry Gogan from
Abingdon Spares, Rob Goldman from Moss, and the list goes on and on. Almost
every major and most minor supplier is there. Hope you plan to come.

Mike Leckstein