Re: air compressor

To: Tom Wagner - Program Manager <tom.w.wagner@central.sun.com>
Subject: Re: air compressor
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:04:27 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Tom Wagner - Program Manager wrote:

> This is just my $.002(very two cents worth), I have
> a Sears compressor and just love it.  I have had it
> now for over 10 years without any problems at all.

> The one I have is a tank style 3 hp.

I have a 2 HP Sears about the same age, and I like it very well, although
I would like more capacity.  What I find funny is that many of the 4 and 5
HP new units produce about the same or less CFM at 90 psi than my old 2HP
sears.  In order to be certain of more CFM than my old unit, taking the
specs of both old and new units as correct, I would have to buy a "6HP"
new unit.

There's been a severe inflation of the HP ratings since we bought ours.
Moreover, the new Sears units don't appear to be as well made as my old
one.  I am seriously wondering if I can't keep my old unit and put a new
one in parallel with it somehow.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910