Look it up!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Look it up!
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 15:17:52 -0500
At 01:17 PM 12/3/96 -0600, Carol wrote:
>At 09:14 AM 12/3/96 -0800, Randy Rees wrote:
>>I don't believe that is fair to the users of this list. We all know that
>>errors can be made in the manual as well as most of the manuals for the
>>MGB are ancient. I believe Mr. Twist has always swore by 20W50 in the
>>tranny ( excuse me if this is wrong, but  this is just an example. ), I
>>think John has seen more broken MG's through his shop than Abingdon or
>>Hayes ever have . I believe experience is the key to this list and
>>referring every question to "the Manual " would be a great injustice.
>

>I have come to rely on the experience of others, too. And this list has LOTS
>of experience flying around... I have special "folders" for all the
>informative e-mail, and look there for answers, too. I may even write a book
>someday...a helpful one!! <g>

Oh NO!!!  Not another one for A.B.'s required reading list!!! <g>

I wholeheartedly agree with Carol and Randy!  I thought the purpose of this
group was to share information and experiences.  A.B. - if you don't want to
answer questions - that's fine - but don't condemn people who ask questions
that you can find answers to in your shop manual.  I learn from the dialog
that goes on in this group.

If I had unlimited resources - I'd buy every book and manual out there - and
then I'd still be asking questions.

As I have to pay the mortgage and buy parts for my LBC, I find it convenient
to tap the vast wealth of knowledge of others in this group.

By the way - A.B. - your knowledge is very much appreciated!

Rich Mason
1973 MGB
e-mail->    rmason@ro.com
www----> http://ro.com/~rmason