Re: Volvos for young Lasses

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Volvos for young Lasses
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:30:30 -0500
Todd Mullins wrote:
> >   In those consumer reports rags where crash data is assembled
> > and sorted, many Volvos are simply awful at crash protection.
>
> I fully realize that this is NOT the Volvo list, but I can't let Trevor
> get away with this.  Trevor, if you're going to fling wild accusations
> around, cite some sources.

  My sources are right there, you even quoted them back to me!

  Pretend you were looking for a nice used utilitarian car. Grab
a copy of Consumer Reports or Lemon Aid, and start looking
for a late-80's or early 90's car. Each car is given a safety
rating based on accumulated data on real crashes. Volvo is
far from being a safety standout.

--
        Trevor Boicey          1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget