Re: Squealing Pads.

To: Dwade Clay Reinsch <dreinsch@tenet.edu>
Subject: Re: Squealing Pads.
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 06:03:19 -0600
Are the "wife's wheels" not an LBC? Then go read the f*****g manual!

Otherwise welcome to the "improved" brake pads after asbestos was outlawed.
Perhaps you can't quiet the whine from the car if you go buy a tube of
anti-squeal
goop. Then pop the calipers back off and smear the goop on the back (the metal
side) of the new brake pads. Reassemble. Pray.

To help with "no pressure" stops, use handbrake and flash headlights.

Send wife over to DRDED's house for the weekend. She'll come back relatively
grateful and shouldn't squeal for quite awhile.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT