Re: MGB Engine conversion

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB Engine conversion
From: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil (Milo Kral)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:08:17 -0400
If you're going to do a conversion,  make it a V8.  There have been MANY
discussions of this in this group,   so the knowledge base of how to do it
is available.  The '78B is actually one of the easier years to convert.
BTW,  I've been in a V8-converted MG and it will blow the doors off almost
anything else on the road.  The Buick 215 CID V8 actually weighs less than
the MG 1800cc engine,  many transmissions bolt up and the rear end can be
converted by changing gears in the existing differential, or an MGC diff or
a modified Ford diff.  Total cost for the conversion could be quite low
depending on how you go about it.

Milo