autox x

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: autox x
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 17:02:14 -0600 (CST)
What a beautiful day it was.  The temp was about 65 and the sun was
shining.  After my last class, with the top down, I set off for some
backroads to find some solitude and maybe even the meaning of life.  What
I did find was a well graveled logging road that offered me the chance to
blast down a pine forest and ludicrous speeds leaving twin spirals of
dust in my wake.  The road changed to packed dirt and circled around a
serene lake.  It was me, the 'B, and a road twisting through a pine
forest.  Now I remember why I own an MG.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

P.S. --  everybody should drive down this weekend and we'll set up and
autocross course through my forest.  I am sure Barney will come, and we
could probably shame Dr. Dead into coming too.  Anyone else up?