Re: books - MGA

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: books - MGA
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 23:27:09 -0600 (CST)
At 02:10 PM 12/5/96 -0500, Jason F. Dutt wrote:
>MIKE LAMBDIN, CANS wrote:
>>
>> Thank you to the (many) people who responded to my inquirey.
>>
>> Now, does anyone know of a source less expensive than Moss or Brit Vic?
>> Triple C Motor Accessories carries several of the same publications, as
>> do the afore mentioned, and much cheaper! The problem, though, with
>> Triple C is they have nothing on MGA's. I realize the info contained in
>> these manuals is invaluable but if the book can be purchased for 1/2 the
>> price the money saved could be used to buy parts. (hint- Are any parts
>> vendors reading this?)
>>
>> Any comments are appreciated.
>>
>> Mike Lambdin
>

>There's a company called Classic Motorbooks that I buy my sources from.  They
>have better, but not spectacular, prices on the same books you can get from
>Moss/VB, as well as a much broader selection (for MGB's, anyway).  I don't have
>the phone # in front of me, but if you're interested, reply and I'll find it
>for you.

Jason,

I'm just in a surfing mood! And hungry for some books. I got this off the net.

http://www.zmall.com/bmm/books-faq/catalogues.html#bookcatalogues

Classic Motorbooks / Zenith [Aviation] Books [US]

     Classic Motorbooks / Zenith
     P.O. Box 1
     Osceola, WI 54020
     Tel: 800-826-6600 or 715-294-3345
     Fax: 715-294-4448

"These two are actually the same company. and you can combine books from
both      catalogues in the same order although they don't advertise the
fact. Motorbooks is THE source for automotive books, both histories and shop
manuals, including some imported books. They are also a publisher and a
distributor. Zenith is one of the larger sources for    aviation-related
books. They take credit cards and overseas orders."

This is a straight copy from the results of my search.

Hope it helps sombody out there!!

Carol

"As you approach life's curves, never brake and always leave skid marks!"