Re: MGs and Porsches (FINAL I PROMISE)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGs and Porsches (FINAL I PROMISE)
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 19:42:57 -0500
The list has been very helpful with choosing my car:

Here are my "LAST" thoughts:

French cars rust.  RX7 have oil leaks (seems most RX7 owners deny this) and
I don't like the Rotary engine.  Datsuns (240z and 280zs) are way cool, and
I want one if I can't have a Porsche.  MGs and Triumphs are great, except I
don't want another convertible, and GTs are corny.  I can't fit into VW
Sciroccos, they just weren't built for tall people.  Trucks aren't my style
and I think they're all ugly except 88-97 Chevys and GMCs.  GMC and Chevy
Surburbans all ready have taken over one family member who swears that the
bigger it is the safer it is.  VW Jettas are cool, but I can't afford a new
one which happens to be the only one I like.  Volvos (need I say more).  My
Girlfriend might like the Alfa, but I sure won't.  But I'll get her one.
What the hell is "Slan go foil!"  Kit cars aren't cool, if it doesn't have
a real Lamborghini body and engine why build a fake one?  Jensen-Healeys
look dumb with the top down, and Mini-mokes look kinda nerdy, but Mini
Coopers are phat and if it had a bigger engine I would get one.

I think I will get somesort of Triumph TR4, TR4A, TR250 (they came in a
sorta T-top form) or maybe a TR motorcycle (Bonneville I think).  Now that
my TR fixation is taking over, I will go and take my medicine, be back when
my TR level falls to normal. (let the flames begin)  TR reliability sucks,
but I like the cars.  Hmm,
sounds familiar; I remember when a bunch of crazy people told me not to get
a Porsche :-)

I really appreciate all the help the list has given me, but now everyone is
mad at me because #1 I want a TRiumph and this is a MG list, and secondly
because I didn't like most of their ideas (this is not my fault, it runs in
the family blood, and so do TRs).

Kai 'I will never talk about MGs and Porsches again, I promise :-)' Radicke

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg

"In the mid-1960s, there were sports cars and there were other cars.
Sports cars had 2 seats.  Other cars had back seats.  Sports cars were fun
to drive.  Other cars were dutiful, if not just a bit dull.  If you had a
sports car, you could have a spouse, but if you had a spouse and a child,
you had to drive something that wasn't as much fun." (AutoWeek, December
9,1996)

I wish I was around then.