Hydraulic Brake Light switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic Brake Light switch
From: culgandm@sterlingdi.com (David M Culgan)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 96 11:43:49 EST
DMille4675@aol.com writes:
>The problem I need help with is that the break lights on the roadster don't
>go on unless I'm jamming my foot on the pedal as hard as I can.  At this rate
>I will have to replace pad & shoes very often!  This vehicle has the break
>light switch tied to the hydraulic line and is apparently triggered by a
>change in pressure.  The switch is relatively new ...

I'd say get another switch. I've replaced this a couple of times on my '66
and have wondered if the DOT 5 fluid might be affecting the switch in some
way (but not enough to make me change back :). They're relatively cheap.

Dave Culgan
culgandm@sterlingdi.com

David M. Culgan
Purchasing Technical Liaison