Re: Thumbs-up to Triple C Motor Accessories

To: kennedys@ix.netcom.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thumbs-up to Triple C Motor Accessories
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 96 16:12:28 GMT
>... The bad news though is that I purchased a wooden knock off
>wrench for my eared wheel knock-offs.  The wrench has a great design
>in that it slips over the ears and you whack it rather than your new
>chrome.  The bad news though is that it's made out of multi-layer
>plywood of about an inch and a half thick.  After one use it became
>apparent that it wasn't going to take much use before delamination
>occurred.  If this could be designed with a hard rubber covering it
>would be great. ...

When I fitted chrome wires and two-eared spinners I bought the lead
hammer that everyone else seemed to advertise.  I wasn't very keen to
use it since the head seemed very hard, and sure enough, the first
tentative whack left a mark on the spinner.  I carried on using it
for a couple of years but always with a piece of wood to protect the
spinners, as the wood got splintered I just chucked it and used
another piece.

Then I spotted a 'Thor' hammer in Halfords which had a nylon handle
and a steel head with an aluminium insert in the one side and a nylon
one in the other.  Not another mark on the spinners in four years.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)