MGC air cleaner colors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGC air cleaner colors
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 16:29:14 -0500
We are seeking info on the correct color to paint the air breather on a
couple of C's that we are doing total restos on.  One roadster and one GT,
both 69's.  At the conclusion we will have a ton of leftover stuff to move
on to new homes.  The pile includes a couple of rear ends with 3.7 gears,
engines, trannys, etc.  Also a complete GT or two.  Oh BTW we are in Me.
Any resto info on C's is appreciated and we have learned a few tricks along
the way ourselves.  We have purchased the tooling to do C kingpins so we can
offer advice in this area.  Also am redoing two C motors right now and
really need a cam source, either new or reground.  The guys down at the
machine shop cannot believe how overbuilt the engines are for 180 cubic
inches.  The rods must weigh a couple of pounds each.  We have a copy of
"The Best of C Notes" and it is a real help.

I have a B V-8 that I am finishing this winter also, but that's another story.

Thanks