Re: Results of Long Island Rally/66 B's day's #ed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Results of Long Island Rally/66 B's day's #ed
From: Paul Parkanzky <p-parkanzky@onu.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 12:43:54 -0500
At 04:01 AM 12/9/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Sunday was MGCC-LIC's  65 mile TDS rally. I was extremely disappointed
>in the turn out. There were 6 cars running and as many people working
>check points as driving the course. Don't people like to have fun
>anymore?

David,
        Loan me a good autocrosser (or even a bad one) and I'm in.  I'd love
to have fun, I just don't have the means.  I've always wanted to try a rally
or autocross or any other fun driving event, but I have yet to find "The
car" (emphasize "The" and italicize "car") for "The price" (read: Free).  I
talked my friend into a 74B that we were going to restore and try to find a
place to race it, but just as we finished the engine rebuild and some of the
"little details" it was stolen.  If it's recovered,  then I'll see what I
can do.
        Just keep at it long enough and I'll be stomping all over your times
one of these days.  Until then, I guess you'll just have to have a good
enough time for all of us (and keep telling us about it so we want to join in).
        Take care and Safety Fast,
                        Paul

Paul Parkanzky
Ohio Northern University