MGB Heater Removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Heater Removal
From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 96 10:57:19 PST
     Hello all:

     I'm in the process of overhauling the cooling system on my 1970 MGB.
     Last night I found myself staring at the heater box up on the
     firewall.  It's never worked very well, but I don't tend to use it
     here in Oregon as it doesn't get very cold.  Nonetheless, it does seem
     like the perfect time to fix it since the cooling system is already
     drained.

     My Haynes manual makes the heater removal sound straightforward, but I
     wondered if anyone has removed one lately?  How difficult is it to
     disconnect all those heater hoses and such behind the dash?  Any tips
     or tricks?

     Thanks in advance for the help!

     Michael Lytton
     michael.lytton@sierra.com