Re: Regarding MGB engine prob

To: pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
Subject: Re: Regarding MGB engine prob
From: "BILL SCHOOLER" <bschooler@uhd2.uhd.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:48:27 EST
Thomas wrote:

>To all those who replied about my mgb engine that wasn't 'right':  I had
>a revelation last night.  A few days ago, we had a 70+ degree day.  The
>engine ran fine without a trace of the miss or hesitation.  Then, when
>the "cold" came back, so did the problem.  That would be a carb problem,
>right?

Very interesting.  I would become suspicious of the type lubricant you are
using in your carb dampers.  May I ask what you use?  Anything other
than 20W-50 motor oil?  And, back to my concern about proper
functioning of the centrifugal advance mechanism, could it be that
there is some type of heavy grease down there?  Something that could
thicken up in the colder temps?

Bill