Re: courtesy light in '73 MGB?

To: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Subject: Re: courtesy light in '73 MGB?
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 15:56:35 -0500
Rich Mason wrote:

> 1) what radio can I fit in my '73 dash and still keep the courtesy light in
> it's original location?

Most radios will fit, with perhaps a bit of filing of the appropriate
hole in the console.  Most heads come in a somewhat "standard" size.
The one in my car currently is a 7-year old Sanyo unit.  It's of the
pull-out type, which tend to require more space than the removable
faceplate type, and it fit in fine by filing about 1/32" off of either
side of the mounting hole.  Looks good, too!

Regards,