Side-view mirrors are annoying!

To: "'The MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side-view mirrors are annoying!
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 16:20:56 -0500

        I have to speak out about the stock mirrors on my 72 B.  I can't =
physically aim them so I can see anything but the side of my car, or the =
road.  They just don't stay out and back far enough to allow themselves =
to be useful.  Now, I'm not exactly a behemoth (5'6" tall), but I'm not =
a total squirt either.  As a matter of fact, I think average height =
isn't much more than that...but ANYWAY, is there something, other than =
putting on silly-looking modern mirrors, that I can do about this.  I =
don't mind using some sort of appropriate-looking after-market mirror, =
but I'd rather not drill new holes.  As a matter of fact, I'd like to =
use the ones I have...perhaps I'm just going about aiming them =
incorrectly.  Anyone?

Thanks!