My engine's coming back!

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG's)
Subject: My engine's coming back!
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 12:08:47 -0500 (EST)
  Just got the final call from my machinist today, and my engine is coming
back to me tomorrow.  Geez, it's about time.  It was in the shop for over
three months, longer than the body was gone this summer.  I'm starting to
see one of the reasons restorations take so long.
  Anyway, now that all the peices are coming back to me, do any of you who
are in the know about putting these engines back together have any good
advice?  Anything I should watch out for other than the standard stuff (Make
sure its all clean, double check all the measurements, etc).  Any hidden
gotcha's specifically with rebuilding an MGB engine?  Or anything that
really needs to be beating into my head in general about putting the engine
back together?

                          Thanks in advance,
----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit