Re: I thought they'd NEVER leave! ;-)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I thought they'd NEVER leave! ;-)
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 11 Dec 1996 16:53:27 -0600
In <EONP27055A47DD@MP050>, PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

>  Question: "T" owners - I was working on my dad's TC last weekend,
>trying to find out why it didn't start.  I was spending my time on the
>carburettors and the fuel pump.  It was a REAL PAIN having to open & close
>each side of the hood (bonnet) each time I switched sides.  What do you
>do to have access to both sides?  Not remove the hood completely!?

There is a single little bracket that clamps down the chrome strip at
the windshield end.  If you remove that, then the hood comes off
easily.  Warning!  If you lay the hood flat on the other side when you
raise it (unlike letting it stand vertically) you will ultimately
damage the paint on both upper panels.  For this reason I carry a
small towel in the toolbox that I lay on the top surface before
opening the hood.  This should also be in place if you take the hood
off, which is done most easily with the hood fully collapsed.

                        A. B. Bonds