BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [bleckstein@monmouth.com]

To: mgs
Subject: BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [bleckstein@monmouth.com]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:10:40 -0700 (MST)
     From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
     Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:45:54 -0500 (EST)
     Subject: Re: I thought they'd NEVER leave!   ;-)

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, PHILIPPE TUSLER  <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com> wrote:

>  Question: "T" owners - I was working on my dad's TC last weekend,
>trying to find out why it didn't start.  I was spending my time on the
>carburettors and the fuel pump.  It was a REAL PAIN having to open & close
>each side of the hood (bonnet) each time I switched sides.  What do you
>do to have access to both sides?  Not remove the hood completely!?

 Philippe, the solution is the use of two hood holders. Each consists
of a piece of copper tubing or pipe about 14" long and a thin chain
about two or two and a half feet long with a small "S" hook on the
free end. The chain connected end of the tube is inserted in the rear
tab of the hood lock tongue and the clear end of the tube (with a
rubber foot on it) is placed in the inside of the hood. The chain is
secured by the S hook on the catch of the tool box. Both sides will
stay up with two holders and not mark a thing.

I have also seen home made wooden holders with slots placed on top of
the tool box cover, but prefer the hood holder. If you can't make one
, M&G Vintage Auto in Tuxedo New York, may sell them. ( usual
disclaimers). If you need exact measurements , E mail me direct, and I
will measure mine.

For a TF, two wooden sticks work.

Mike Leckstein