Re: Dan Hughes day -

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dan Hughes day -
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:20:51 -0800
At 07:43 PM 12/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
> Maybe only T type and MGA owners will appreciate. More then once while
waiting
>for a train to pass or a draw bridge to close, I have shut off the engine
in the
>TF. After time has passed, and the traffic has started, I pull the starter, it
>cranks, but doesn't catch. I then push the car to the side of the road with
the
>usual embarassment, and after checking everything does it dawn on me that I
>forgot to turn on the ignition.
>
>Mike Leckstein

Been there, done that.

Speaking of T's and A's....On our last club run to Whistler for a Brit Car
weekend my starter packed it in right at the outset.  I spent the entire
trip starting with the hand crank.  No one laughed.  All the lookie-loos
grinned and pointed but not in derision, they thought it was cool.  So did
I.  In a lesser car I would have had to cancel the trip.  I always had an
audience when starting and, thank goodness, the car starts almost with the
first piston up except when dead cold.

I occasionally start it with the crank just for a lark.  I haven't yet but
I'm sure one day I will, try to start it with the crank and have the
ignition off.  Dan Hughes Day event in waiting......

Speaking of Stupid Human Tricks, I once lost the front left wheel on a `76
B.   Don't ask, trust me, it was stupid.
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT