RE: TD windscreen frame

To: stevet@hbp.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TD windscreen frame
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:41:31 -0500 (EST)
In message Fri, 13 Dec 1996 08:23:13 -0500,
  stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)  writes:

> Is there an 'easy' way to reverse the bottom portion of the screen
> frame? It seems the restorers put the bottom of the frame in backwards.
> The holes for the Auster name plate are on the outside not on the inside
> of the car as it should be.
> Can I remove only the bottom portion of the screen and reverse it or do
> I have to take off the entire screen?
>
> Any informed suggestions appreciated.

Steve..
If the folks that assembled the w/s, used the proper w/s packing and did not
use any adhesive, you MAY be able to remove the bottom portion.  If you fold
the w/s  amd remove the two screws in each corner you may be able to wiggle
it loose.  If you get much resistance, I would remove the whole w/s from the
car and do the disassembly on a table.  Place a blanket under the w/s
before starting work
Let me know how you make out.
Press on regardless,
Blair