BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [David Councill <dcouncil@cu.imt.

To: mgs
Subject: BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [David Councill <dcouncil@cu.imt.net>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:54:57 -0700 (MST)

     Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:13:15 -0700 (MST)
     From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.imt.net>
     Subject: Re: Worn camshaft?

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Jeremy DuBois wrote:

>   Actually, contrary to common sense, you take material AWAY from the base
> of the lobe to increase lift.  For a really good primer on performance
> camshafts which, among other things, explains my above statement, see
> <URL:http://www.ftech.net/~t-rac/kentcam.htm>

This is a pretty neat page. And I knew that normally lift is increased by
taking from the base. But when I sent off my well worn cam with somewhat
rounded lobes, the lobes had to be recontoured to make a longer, narrower
point.

At the time I had three or four spare cams so I had something to compare
it with. And I'm still bummed that I never got the performance out of my
rebuilt cam. By the time my engine was broke in, the cam started
failing. So for the first 40000 miles, my BGT was fairly sluggish.

I'll
probably go back to a performance
cam again in the future, and when I do, I'll be better educated.

David
dcouncil@imt.net
71BGT