B Starter Brushes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B Starter Brushes
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 08:28:19 -0800
RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I think they are spot welded or silver soldered. I was not sucessful in
> trying to same thing a few years ago and bought a rebuilt unit with lifetime

They're spot welded. Sometimes an "auto-electric" place will do them for
you. In an emergency, I've left an inch of the old leads and soldered to
those to get away from the "heat sink" of the post area. you have to be
careful to not stiffen the leads with solder or to leave them so long
that storage room becomes a problem. Jarl