Re: Importing

To: MURCH@CHEMISTRY.CHEM.UTAH.EDU, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Importing
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:04:38 -0500
At 10:06 AM 12/20/96 -0700, MURCH@CHEMISTRY.CHEM.UTAH.EDU wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have a question.  A while back there was a thread about B V8s and there was
>the suggestion of importing one from GB.  Now other than the logistics of
>actually getting the car on the boat etc.  how dificult is this?  I noticed
>some very nice looking TRVs advertised on the web for sale in Canada.....
>
>Paul Murch
>66 B

Paul we have been on this thread before. It is almost impossible to import
a post 67 car of any kind. The customs will inspect the car , then turn it
over for DOT to check  it out. Even if it could pass emission and meet Fed.
requirements for safety in effect that year, it will not be imported unless
the model itself had been certified that year. In other words forget it.

Mike