Re: show cars

To: Cat1cat@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: show cars
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 00:35:03 -0600 (CST)
At 10:38 PM 12/21/96 -0500, Cat1cat@aol.com wrote:

[snip]

>wife says she wont come with me to alaska   sooooo lets make plans.
>i have a milepost from a few years back, still shows gravel roads.
>are we going to establish a spare parts list for the group ?
>is there anyone on the list that made the previous GOF.  (carol?)
>that could give this poor soul a push off in the right direction.

I took my trip from Whitehorse to all points NSEW in a F*ord whatever...big
one, then to Fairbanks for a flight home. The rest of my travel was state
foot, ferry, charter air, commercial air, and train. And I have no idea what
has sprung up in the way of accomodations since I was there. There are lots
of free camp grounds, however, especially nice in Canada. They have firewood
already chopped for you. (Probably to keep the "idiots" from chopping down
the forrests!!

Good luck in the planning. Be sure to go to Valdez and take the ferry to
Whittier. That's a car ferry. Takes a day. And is gorgeous!! Then the car
goes on a wobbly train from Whittier to Um-Hum (can't remember and the
Milepost is in the other room!), which puts you on the road to Anchorage or
to the Kenai peninsula, depending on which way you want to go. Personally,
I'd pick Kenai, first, then go back through Anchorage.

My dreams are with you....

Carol