Re: New to the list with MGA Coupe'

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: New to the list with MGA Coupe'
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:08:21 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Dec 1996 12:31:09 -0500 stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle) writes:
> >Barney Gaylord wrote:
> >
> >> Cheers,
> >> Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA
> >> Naperville, Illinois   USA
> >
> >Barney,
> >
> >I attended Plainfield High from '63-'67. Are you a native of Illinois?
>
> Yep.  Raised on a farm near New Windsor, 20 miles south of Moline.
> Attended Winola High in Viola fron '63-'67.  Been in the Chicago area
> since 1970
>
> So where are you now Steve?
>
> Barney Barney,

I live in Chambersburg, PA 25 miles west of Gettysburg on Rt. 30. I
attended Western Ill. U. from '67-,71 and hitch hiked thru Moline on
many occasion when it was safe to hitch hike. My family then live in
Joliet, Ill.

I live near Carlisle and go to the many car related events their. I had
been a Corvette guy but went back to my youthful love of LBC's.

My brother had a '69 powder blue Midget that cost just $600 and was in
perfect condition until I got in to move it into the garage. The gas
pedal stuck open and I skewered the back of our garage with my brother's
car. That's my 'Dan' story of the moment.

I am a member of the NEMGT Register, Octagon Car Club, MG Car Club etc.
I had a TR 6 when I was just out of college and loved it. Back when I
was 16 I said that I would own a TD, as I was born in 1949, when I was
older "and wiser", and it would be red.

My TD was purchased in buckets and parts in June 1994 and took 18 months
to restore. I have the whole thing documented. The cost was something
that I won't recoup but I knew that going in. I have spent many hours
lovingly upgrading the restoration. Much of the work I do myself. I am
not a mechanic but enjoy seeing how, and with things British, WHY things
work.

I took this week off to be with my 2 kids and to work on the TD. My wife
owns a ski shop in Hagerstown, MD and she is quite busy right now. So I
pitch in and assist more that normal with the kids. Oh yes, the TD is
one of the kids too.

My eldest son attended the U of I and now lives in Minneapolis. Too cold
for me!

Take care and Happy Holidays,

Steve
52 TD