Re: Alberta All-British Motor Meet

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: Alberta All-British Motor Meet
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 21:10:59 EST
On Tue, 24 Dec 1996 11:23:50 -0500 mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca writes:

>The Alberta All-British Motor Meet will be held on the weekend of June
>14
>at Fort Edmonton Park.  Our motto this year is "If you feed them, they
>will
>come".  We are planning a free beer/free food party for the Friday
>evening,
>a day of car display at the Fort followed by a wonderful dinner.
>Registration to the whole thing will be reasonable (subsidized).  The
>Sunday will see a tour to Vegreville to participate in the annual
>(big!)
>car show and watch the combine races and demo derby.  If you have
>never
>seen combines going 40 mph on the track you haven't lived.  The
>highlight
>is when the combines attack one another.  The winner is the one who
>tips
>the other combine over.  Sounds crazy, no?  Hope to see you there.
>Please
>e-mail me for details.  More will be forthcoming as time passes.
>
>John McEwen
>
>Merry Christmas to all from the land of Santa Claus

All the very best for this John - I doubt that Alberta is on my driving
itinerary next season (Connecticut being a tad further than a sunday
jaunt!) - scary thought though..
I have been to many shows over the years and know that the true
enthusiasts have a "minor" in "hoisting the swifty"- especially if its
free!! -   This may bring a new dimension to " piston broke " all over
again!!!-

all the best

mike robson
69 roadster