An LBC Christmas

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: An LBC Christmas
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 09:40:35 -0600
Another Christmas has come and gone.  We didn't have a chance to get the A
out since we had a record cold for the day (-22F low, -8F high).   Santa
was good to the A, providing a new license plate (61 MGA), a walnut shift
knob, and a Paddy Hopkirk throttle pedal for its enjoyment plus a workshop
manual and a fire extinguisher to protect it during future ham-fisted
"improvement" sessions by its present steward.

I received an MG sweatshirt and the SO proudly wore her new MG earings
around the house all day.  I don't think she's quiter ready to wear them in
public, however.

The In-laws were over and my wife invited them out to see the A.  This is
quite a change from her attitude towards the Corvette.  I had the Vette for
four years and she never once rode in the beast. She tends to be fairly
polarized about cars.  I once brought home a BMW 630 for her approval.  She
said to take it back because "only pricks drive BMW's" (this was towards
the end of the yuppie craze).  The In-laws all said that they liked the A
much better than the Vette and either asked for rides or to borrow it once
the weather turns the corner.

My two daughters liked there presents, too.   That reminds me of something
that happend this fall.  Right after I got the A home, two boys from my
oldest daugher's class (she is 11) came over to look at it.  One of them
even knew that it was an A.  This was a good news, bad news situation.  The
good news is that it shows that the next generation still likes LBC's (they
never came over to admire the Vette).  The bad news is that I am not sure
that I want boys hanging around the house with Lindsay just starting to
lose her revulsion to the opposite sex.  Well I guess if she has to start
noticing boys it should at least be boys with the propper appreciation for
thing automotive!

Hoping you all enjoy the holiday season,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA