Re: BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [ (mark barrington)]

To: embee@mail.io.com
Subject: Re: BOUNCE mgs: Non-member submission from [ (mark barrington)]
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:37:51 -0800
At 05:28 PM 12/26/96 -0700, you wrote:
 >Are those seams
>on the rear deck above the boot lid original?  They are filled on my donor
>car, but that wouldn't be the only bondo on the car.  There are various
>seams on the bodyshell (the aforementioned rear deck, rear of the rocker
>panels, back of the car behind boot lid, etc.) which, to my mind, would look
>better filled?  Did MG really ship cars from the factory with so many
>visible seams?  What's the consensus...

Mark,
 It's been a while since I had a roadster in the driveway but I think I can
assure you that the two seams you refer to are original.  They, and the
seams at the rear end of the rockers where they meet the rear fender and the
seams below the rear bumper when missing, are dead give aways that the car
has been "bondoed" by someone who didn't know what they were doing.

Enjoy and Happy New Year.
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT