Re: TD bolt color

To: francis@mail.rain.org
Subject: Re: TD bolt color
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 12:33:40 -0500
Wayne H. Francis wrote:

> > The wing bolts should be body color as per the T-Series restoration
> > guide. I still have no definitive answer as to the tank strap
> > bolts/washers on the inside of the TD.
> >
> > So far I see Black and interior color but no references.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
>
> Hello there.  I'm hoping to make significant progress on my early TD
> this winter...been working on it for many years and have collected a
> variety of restoration references.  Your reply about "the T-series
> restoration guide" seems to imply that there is one standard guide out
> there that serious rebuilders might use.  Is the guide perhaps one put
> out by the NEMGTR?  I picked up a guide in England but it doesn't have
> that much detail.  Would appreciate knowing which guide you're referring
> to.  I really need detailed info before going much further in the
> rebuilding.  Thanks for whatever info you can pass along.
>                                                 Wayne Francis
Hi Wayne,

I refer to the T-Type Restoration Handbook put out bt the NEMGT
Register. Also the Cpmplete MG TD Restoration Manual, Original MG T
Series by Clausager. You can order them all on Brit Books Web Site wich
is owned by Ron Embling a NEMGT Register member and past mayor of Otego,
NY. I will send you his URL in a few minutes.

Good Luck. It's great fun as I have been upgrading my 52 TD which was
restored and finished July 1995.

Steve Tritle