air pump ..

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: air pump ..
From: Lynn Alan Eubank <eubank@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 15:30:49 -0600 (CST)
Hi,
The emissions air pump on my 78 appears to be near its end. While it
still pumps air, it does so with a -great- amount of wheezing and
whining, enough to make people's heads turn in the parking lot.

I looked into my collection of catalogs, and the prices caused my jaw to
drop (anywhere from around $250 upwards). Talking to a friend locally, I
heard that there is someplace that rebuilds these units. Has anybody got
any leads on this, especially ones in this general region?

thanks,
Lynn
(Denton, Tx, where it's too damned warm at the moment ...)