Suppliers ? / getting new owners started

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Suppliers ? / getting new owners started
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 06:45:13 -0800
Anyone have any dealings with "Engel Imports" hemmings ad claims
"Wholesale MG Parts Supplier (snip) from 1952 through 1980
1-800-253-4080

Below is a little info thing I send out to people who give me their
e-mail address at shows and are just getting started. I know there is a
"monster list" but the last time I checked it was terribly out dated.
I'm also a load mouthed self indulging British Car (all makes) Fanatic.
For those who do not like me, stay away from me. The only problem you
people have is I'm everywhere and you never really know where I'll turn
up next.

Four main new parts venders in US are :

Moss Motors  1-800-235-6954

Special Interest Car Parts 1-800-851-5600

Victoria British 1-800-255-0088

The Roadster Factory 1-800-283-3723 or e-mail to
TRFMAIL@internetmci.com

Some of the smaller parts suppliers are:

The Poper MG 1-800-711-3368  or e-mail propermg@aol.com

Brit-tek 1-800-255-5883

for you MGAer there is:

Scarborough Faires out of Rhode Island but it will cost you $3 to get
catalog of inventory
1151 Main st.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860
401-724-4200

for you Sprite / Midget and Mini / Morris Minor people:
Mini Mania
31 Winsor St.
Milpitas, CA 95035
800-946-2642

Call all these #s and request parts catalogs, in most cases mentioning
my name will help expedite request although sometime they will say
"David who?" depends on individual on the phone.

There are a few good used parts venders for those No Longer Available
(NLA) items. I highly recommend Jim Knight's British Racing Green in
Newark, Del. 1-302-368-1117

In what part of the country are you?
Do you presently own an MG ?

There are 2 major National clubs, I belong to both
American MGB Association and
North American MGB Register
If you want additional info on them, I can supply

There is an e-mail MG list you can get on by e-mailing to:
Majordomo@autox.team.net
Leave the subject blank
type in message area "subscribe mgs"
This will hook you into a system of over 400 MG owners
you will on a busy day recieve from 30 to 50 MG related postings to the
list. Alot is nonsense but some is very useful info.

I have an events page at
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/clubs/deutsch.html
you can find events for British car enthusiasts from Maryland to s.e.
Canada in the eastern States here.