Re: Water Pumps

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water Pumps
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:51:16 -500
On  4 Jan 97 at 1:29, Barney Gaylord wrote:

> > ....., but there were 2 different pumps on the 5 main bearing engine.

> That's what I'm trying to ferret out, what's interchangeable and what
> isn't.

I thought this would have been sorted by now-

The MGB 5 main and 3 main water pumps are NOT interchangeable- the differences
in castings will not allow them to be mounted. I learned this about 5 years
back when the 3 main pump was discontinued, and un-available for a time. I had
2 different suppliers ship a 5 main pump instead of 3 main. Then someone
started reproducing the 3 main style again, thank goodness- they got very
expensive for a few months!

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   CU Distance Education    | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  115 Warren Hall          | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-1623           | Safety Fast!