mgb electrical and heater restoration

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mgb electrical and heater restoration
From: Alberto Manganini <albertom@mbox.vol.it>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 97 19:29:38 -0500
-- [ From: Alberto Manganini * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I don't understand. Sometimes it's working just fine, while sometimes some
electrical appliances don't work for an evident lack of lucasaide.
In particular, the items that are not-always working are:
- flashers
- brake lights
- heater motor
- wipers
while others (front and rear driving lights, horn...) are always working
perfectly.
I checked and clean the fusebox, but after a while during which all seemed
ok, I'm experiencing this blackout again.
I know I have to get a bulb with two "crocodiles" and look around at where
there's voltage and here not, but every suggestion to speed up the quest
would be really appreciated. (Perhaps all the not-working units share a
common ground...where is it?)

Meanwhile, I'm restoring my heater unit. Taking it away from the car wasn't
difficult at all (fortunately) and, apart from a little rust, its internal
seems rather good. I'd like to verify if the radiator is leaking: would it
be enough to fill it with water and see if it lets some to leak out, or a
pressurised check is needed?

Thanks in advance, and happy MGing to you all!

--

Alberto Manganini - albertom@mbox.vol.it
      Mag Moda New s.r.l. - Italy