Re: 4 POT Brake systems

To: dlangton@bcinternet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4 POT Brake systems
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:01:34 +0800
> Does anyone have any information on uprating the standard 2 pot front brakes
> on MGB's with 4 pot calipers.

All it takes is an adequate bank balance. Moss, VB, and Seven Ent.
have the kits for ~USD$1000.

Or you could try drilled rotors and Kevlar pads for somewhat less.

Back in Oct '95 one of the list members posted the following, but I
can't confirm that it will work:

  >> With a little hydraulic fitting adaptation, late Mustang (72-73)
  >> disk brake calipers apparently are a bolt on fit to the B, and
  >> they are Big and have 4 pistons.

Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)