Re: California [smog] law; Sen. Kopp

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: California [smog] law; Sen. Kopp
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 23:06:39 -0600 (CST)
I saw Lawrie responding to a question on the CA smog laws. I had e-mailed
Kopp about a month ago. I received an acknowledgement then, and got this
today. I thought it was pretty neat that he wrote somebody who can't even
vote for him. But...maybe he understands this "internet stuff," too...

Carol

>Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 11:33:36 -0800 (PST)
>From: Office SC08 <Senator.Kopp@SEN.CA.GOV>
>Subject: Re: California law; Sen. Kopp
>To: car <car@texas.net>

>        Dear Carol:
>
>               Thank you for your letter and expression of support for
>        SB 42 which would provide some measure of relief to classic car
>        owners.  My legislation would exempt from the smog check
>        requirement any vehicle which is 25 or more model years old.
>
>               I believe that the relatively modest number of vehicles
>        older than 25 years and the operating characteristics of such
>        vehicles provide a firm basis for the smog check exemption
>        proposed in my legislation.  As I have stated on numerous
>        occasions, I will endeavor to make the smog check program fair,
>        effective and convenient to the public.
>
>               Best wishes for a joyous new year.
>
>                                       Sincerely yours,
>
>                                       QUENTIN L. KOPP
>
>        QLK/sjm

http://lonestar.texas.net/~car

"As you approach life's curves, never brake and always leave skid marks!"